How do I deal with this situation? Ie suspected elderly abuse.

Ok this will maybe sound like I’m a busy body but I’ve an elderly man living beside me, must be 55 give or take and been living beside him for close to 15 years. Last 5 or so he’s being going downhill and seems to have been diagnosed with foot problems. He’s still there with care staff calling in several times a day and his family members too. I would have always got on with him, helped him with things when he needed it and always stopped to talk. He retired form a good job in his 40s and by all accounts pretty comfortable. The last year he’s got really bad, sat in the car at night, front door open all the time, all sorts. I was helping him back to the house the other day and he let slip a niece had asked him for money as she needed help…. Muttered 500 pound.

What do I do here? He’s in no fit state, I’m surprised he’s even safely able to stay on his own but how / what he said felt like him asking for help rather than a throw away comment.

reddit.com
u/MunchFood — 11 days ago

Jelvis Pelvis: The new career move for Belfast's King of Busking

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/jelvis-pelvis-new-career-move-34298952?utm\_medium=Social&utm\_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwdGRjcATPUZRjbGNrBM9QiWV4dG4DYWVtAjExAHNydGMGYXBwX2lkDDM1MDY4NTUzMTcyOAABHnha9pn16OvFq4F4Y4-\_Mi3mAF3LIAsU2jKg28IQPSM\_XTYu4UFBrLzCC55R\_aem\_pR4Bn6lAgJSxjhh7l77Rzg#Echobox=1784632700

Jelvis Pelvis: The new career move for Belfast's King of Busking

"I want to be taken seriously as an actor now - I don't just want to be the Elvis guy anymore"

by Justin Kernoghan, Lauren Harte

Co Tyrone man Jordan has become known far and wide since taking to the streets of Belfast and TikTok with his Elvis tribute act to "The King of Rock and Roll", having first made a name for himself on The X Factor in 2016.

For the 29-year-old, the alteration into Jelvis Pelvis wasn't a sudden decision but rather a natural evolution, as his appreciation for Elvis began at a young age.

Busking in Belfast has become Jordan’s stage for showcasing his tribute act, and his presence has been a huge hit with locals and visitors alike. He also moved to Liverpool for several months in recent years where he took to the streets of the Scouse city to showcase his Elvis-inspired act before returning to Belfast.

But now he's turning his attention to acting and with Northern Ireland already producing hit series like Line of Duty and Blue Lights, Jordan hopes a dream role is just around the corner.

He told Belfast Live: "Acting has given people a different perspective of me. They used to just see me as Elvis and put me in that box, but now they're seeing me more than that. People are looking at me differently and treating me differently.

"They now know I'm not just capable of doing Elvis on the street, I'm capable of so much more, and it really has helped. I want to be taken seriously as an actor now - I don't just want to be the Elvis guy anymore.

"It has opened many opportunities for me and helped me get to where I am, but it's not what I want to do for the rest of my life. I'm studying my screen course with Shelley Lowry so acting is where I want to focus.

u/MunchFood — 28 days ago

Police say arson attack on vans is not related to recent disorder

https://www.newry.ie/articles/news/police-say-arson-attack-on-vans-is-not-related-to-recent-disorder?fbclid=IwdGRjcASaJH5leHRuA2FlbQIxMQBzcnRjBmFwcF9pZAwzNTA2ODU1MzE3MjgAAR5foE\_KP5cqM2CVp5EWUQTkUMc7HG310vkn3o9bHvuhA-CNemtOIdEdbarW-w\_aem\_QUqrjl1umGEJHzDDTNEBww

Police investigating after two Shelbourne Bakery vans were set on fire in the North Street area of Newry late last evening, 12 June say it is not being treated as hate-related and is not believed to be linked to recent disorder elsewhere.

The PSNI received a report of the blaze at approximately 11.25pm on Friday 12th June. Officers attended the scene alongside colleagues from the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service, who extinguished the fire. Both vehicles were completely destroyed.

Police are treating the incident as arson and no injuries were reported.

Enquiries are ongoing, and police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the fire, or who has CCTV or dashcam footage from the area, to get in touch.

Newry City Councillor Valerie Harte has condemned the burning of the vehicles and has asked for anyone with information on the incident to pass it on to the authorities.. “I strongly condemn the disgraceful incident in which two vans belonging to a local business were deliberately burnt out in the car park at North Street, Newry.

She added: "This reckless act has caused significant damage and disruption to a local business and has no place in our community.

Local businesses are the backbone of our local economy, and they deserve to be able to operate without fear of intimidation, vandalism or criminal damage. My thoughts are with the business owners and employees affected by this incident.

People with information can contact police on 101, quoting reference 2105 12/06/26. Reports can also be submitted online at psni.police.uk/makeareport.

Alternatively, information can be passed to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.

reddit.com
u/MunchFood — 2 months ago