

















Three bedrooms, three baths, three kitchens, six jail cells
According to the official Ohio historical marker, this was the Old Wood County Jail. It was built in 1847, when the town of Perrysburg was the county seat, and used as the county jail and infirmary until 1870. It continued to serve as the Perrysburg Jail until 1899, and sold by the town in 1918. It was purchased by and renovated by Charles Hoffman in 1954.
According to the local news, this house has been owned by the Hoffman family since 1918, and Sharon Hoffman was the last to live in it. Her daughter, Caroline, is the realtor.
Link for the local news story, includes the official registry on the National Register of Historic Places.
Edit: Thanks to u/Quiescencies, here is more backstory on the jail.
>The frame of the building is of black walnut hand-hewn beams with rafters and joints mortised and pinned with wooden pegs. The walls are made of four layers of small handmade brick, but in the jail section proper, the walls and floor are of stone blocks three feet long, two feet thick and two feet high. These are held together by cannonball keys set in hemispheres cut in the top and side of each block. Within these walls was an 8 x 30-foot bullpen with six 5 x 6-foot cells. The bullpen door consisted of two thicknesses of walnut plank one and one half inches thick, with a sheet of lead between and held together by dozens of large iron rivets. One of the original cell doors, made of iron mesh and weighing about 250 pounds, is still intact.
>The front of the first floor was the sheriff's residence, and over the years seven different sheriffs lived and worked here. The upstairs was once used as an infirmary for the dangerously insane.