



























The Architects Building was a 17 story art deco tower designed by the highly prestigious Ross and Macdonald, who used the building as an office. It came under DuPont ownership in 1954 and was demolished in 1968 for a parking lot.
In the 1920s, Northwestern University offered Wesley and Passavant sites across the street from one another to build new hospitals, but Wesley Hospital was delayed until 1941. Both were affiliates of Northwestern and later merged into the larger system. They were demolished as part of a modernization project at Northwestern Memorial and replaced with new hospital towers
Built in 1923 as an office building for doctors and dentists, this 19 story building was expanded in 1928. After years of low occupancy rates, it was demolished in 1978
Founded in 1884 as the South Virginia Institute, a college for women, it moved to it's former location in 1891 and expanded in 1921, later becoming co-ed. The college closed in 2014 due to low enrollment, and the buildings were abandoned after.
The fire in 2024 resulted in the demolition of the Main building, administration building, Chapel Wing, West Hall, and East hall, all pictured here. The 1928 Hodges Hall survived, as well as numerous buildings added to the campus later
Designed to be "exclusively devoted to the various branches of the construction industries" this twelve story tower didn't last long in its original use, with the Depression forcing its sale. It was purchased by Douglas oil in 1959, and demolished alongside the Richfield Tower (seen on the right of the first photo) for the construction of the ARCO Towers
just wondering. attached is the one picture of the director's room i could find
Elbląg’s Old Town ceased to exist during just two weeks of fighting at the turn of January and February 1945. What could still have been rebuilt was instead dismantled, and the bricks were used for higher-priority reconstruction projects elsewhere in Poland.
The Old Town began to be rebuilt according to the concept of "retroversion" decades after the war. Reconstruction continues to this day, but the area has lost much of its former character.
The New Town was only slightly more fortunate. It lost most of its distinctive buildings as well, including the Town Hall.
The communist authorities of the Polish People’s Republic showed little interest in rebuilding churches, even when they had survived the war in relatively good condition. Of the churches shown here, only the smallest one, the Church of Corpus Christi, survived, albeit in a heavily altered and disfigured form that bears little resemblance to its pre-war appearance.
Elbląg was never a priority for the Polish state in the post-war reality.