r/IsraelCrimes

By advancing its own dissolution bill, the "opposition" ensures that an alternative path to early elections remains on the table even if the coalition abandons its legislation.
▲ 109 r/IsraelCrimes+1 crossposts

By advancing its own dissolution bill, the "opposition" ensures that an alternative path to early elections remains on the table even if the coalition abandons its legislation.

'Israeli' lawmakers passed on 20 May a preliminary reading of an opposition bill to dissolve the Knesset, after a coalition-backed bill to do the same was approved.

The bill was put forward by former defense minister Benny Gantz’s Blue and White party. It passed 53-0.

“This is the beginning of the end. This failed government will go home sooner or later,” Gantz said in a statement.

Hours earlier, the Knesset unanimously passed the preliminary reading of the coalition’s bill to dissolve the Knesset.

The opposition bill says that elections must take place 90 days after it passes. The coalition bill fails to specify a date and states that it be set by the Knesset House Committee “on a day no less than three months from the legislation’s final approval,” according to the Times of Israel.

The opposition is hoping that by advancing its own bill to dissolve the Knesset, it can secure early elections even if the ruling coalition drops its legislation. This would pressure the government to make progress on the Haredi draft crisis threatening to collapse Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s coalition, 'israeli' media reports explained.

Netanyahu’s coalition put forward its Knesset dissolution bill earlier this month. This came after ultra-Orthodox 'israeli' parties called for its dissolution and urged early elections, and as opposition parties put forward their own opposition bills.

The Times of Israel reported at the time that the ruling coalition submitted its own bill to dissolve the Knesset in order to “control both the legislative process and the timing of the vote.”

If a vote passes to dissolve the Knesset, elections must be held within five months of the vote. The ultra-Orthodox parties are reportedly pushing for elections to take place in September. Currently, elections are scheduled for 27 October.

Opposition groups are capitalizing on the crisis in an effort to bring down Netanyahu. Former prime ministers and opposition figures Yair Lapid and Naftali Bennet have agreed to merge their parties and work toward securing a victory in the upcoming elections.

Yet the crisis stems from Haredi draft exemptions.

'Israel' has been unable to reach a consensus on a law for drafting tens of thousands of ultra-Orthodox 'israeli' Jews – known as the Haredim – into the army.

The Haredim, mainly those studying the Torah, have been largely exempt from military service for decades. In June 2024, the 'Israeli' High Court ordered that they be drafted, following significant tension on the matter.

Ultra-Orthodox parties, which make up a significant bulk of Netanyahu’s coalition government, have sought to make sure exemptions remain legal – yet the opposition accused the Haredim of not doing their part for the army, while others bear the burden.

The government has been unable to pass a law that would appease both the Haredi parties and the opposition.

Plans to dissolve the Knesset coincide with a major 'israeli' ground invasion and occupation in south Lebanon.

'Israeli' forces are taking heavy losses, and 'israel's' army chief has warned of a potential collapse in the reserve forces due to major troop shortages.

u/mimi_molotov — 21 hours ago

The remains of two cars burned by 'israeli' settlers in the Palestinian village of Halhul, north of Hebron. The settlers also spray-painted hate graffiti on a house, reading “Revenge” and “Greetings from Susya,” referring to the settlement of Susya in the South Hebron Hills.

This aftermath was taken on May 20.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/14eKstszHfD/

u/mimi_molotov — 1 day ago

these are Sumud flotilla activists being tortured and humiliated on camera. that's the level of impunity israelis have grown accustomed to. the world has shown them zero consequences.

u/jbaaaaab — 2 days ago

2,420 sexual assault complaints filed in 'israeli' army in 2025, up 350 in one year ... and vast majority avoided criminal prosecution. More info below.

Data presented to the Knesset’s Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee and reported by 'Israel's' Channel 12 show that the 'israeli' army received 2,420 complaints of sexual assault and harassment in 2025 through its Yahalom unit, an increase of roughly 350 cases compared with 2024.

Only 234 complaints were referred to the Interior Ministry and police, resulting in 42 indictments, while 21 cases ended with disciplinary measures and more than 700 were handled only through so-called “command meetings.” Another 48 complainants later withdrew their complaints, and 60 civilian contractors were barred from entering military bases.

According to Channel 12, just 10 percent of cases were handled through criminal proceedings, while 59 percent were dealt with administratively through reprimands, dismissals, and disciplinary procedures. Another 22 percent were classified as unresolved, 5 percent were referred to outside bodies, and 4 percent were not processed because of unspecified external circumstances.

Military data cited by the Knesset website show complaints have risen steadily from 668 in 2014 to 2,092 in 2024 and 2,420 in 2025.

--

The Cradle, Middle East Eye, Press TV

I can't link or archive the Channel 12 source, but if you access the MEE source, you can find it there.

u/mimi_molotov — 2 days ago
▲ 708 r/IsraelCrimes+1 crossposts

Another invading terrorist eliminated. 'Israel' admits senior reserve officer killed in Lebanese resistance ambush on Tuesday, May 19.

The 'israeli' army has admitted that Major (Res.) Itamar Sapir, deputy company commander in the 7008th Battalion of the 551st “Half-Fire” Formation, was killed by the Lebanese resistance in south Lebanon.

Sapir was a senior reserve field officer in one of 'israel's' main reserve paratrooper brigades, making him a significant officer casualty.

Channel 12 reported that the incident took place on Tuesday morning after invading 'israeli' occupation forces came under fire by the Lebanese resistance from the vicinity of a church in the Qawzah area. Sapir was struck during the exchange.

'Israeli' Army Radio said a Hezbollah fighter opened fire on the officer, killing him instantly before withdrawing from the scene, while KAN reported that the ambush took place approximately 2.5 kilometers inside an area under 'israeli' occupation.

According to Channel 12, Sapir is the tenth invading IOF soldier killed on the northern front since the so-called ceasefire with Lebanon was declared on 16 April.

The 'israeli' army has now acknowledged at least 21 IOF soldiers killed in south Lebanon since March, while reporting that more than 910 troops have been wounded.

--

Post body from The Cradle

u/mimi_molotov — 2 days ago

Arsons, bloody assault, and racist graffiti. 'Israeli' Jewish militias attacked Palestinians and their properties in Al Khalil, occupied West Bank. More info below.

In the Al-Daraja area near the town of Sa’ir, north of Al Khalil, the terrorists brutally assaulted Palestinian residents, including women, and their homes and belongings. (Media 1 - 7).

In the town of Beit Ummar, also north of Al Khalil, the terrorists spray-painted Nazi graffiti and set fire to a Palestinian vehicle. (Media 8 -10).

All happened on Sunday, May 17.

--

'Israeli' activist group "Looking at the Occupation with Eyes"

Quds News Network 1

Quds News Network 2

Tasnim News Agency

u/mimi_molotov — 2 days ago

"No order from The Hague will deter me," convicted terrorist Ben Gvir said. More info and sources below.

Middle East Eye reported on 18 May that ICC prosecutors filed a secret application for an arrest warrant against 'Israeli' Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich, while a possible case against National Security Minister and convicted terrorist Itamar Ben Gvir remains under review.

Following the report, Ben Gvir attacked the court and vowed to continue his apartheid policies against Palestinians in the occupied West Bank.

“I am not afraid and not deterred. No order from The Hague will deter me from continuing to lead an offensive policy against terrorists,” Ben Gvir said, adding: “I won't apologize, I won't blink, and I won't stop.”

The report is separate from a Haaretz claim that the ICC had already issued five new sealed warrants against 'israeli' officials, which the court denied to Reuters as inaccurate.

--

Post body from The Cradle

u/mimi_molotov — 2 days ago

You are not seeing the daily massacres and bombing in Gaza because 'israel' murdered more journalists than any entity in recorded history.

u/jbaaaaab — 3 days ago

IDF terrorist destroys camera as they abduct the crew of Sumod flotilla heading to Gaza

u/jbaaaaab — 3 days ago