
9 years later, they are reunited at Real Madrid
In 2017, Kylian Mbappe and Bernardo Silva both were a part of the iconic Monaco team that beat PSG to the Ligue 1 title 🤯

In 2017, Kylian Mbappe and Bernardo Silva both were a part of the iconic Monaco team that beat PSG to the Ligue 1 title 🤯
That's a tool that allows to set full La Liga table before a ball's kicked, champion down to relegation, and it saves your pick. Just drag and drop the teams up or down the position.
I'm curious to see how strong is belief (or difbelief?) in the team this year.
https://tribuna.com/en/blogs/la-liga-champion/
We built a quick tool that lets you set your own final La Liga table for the upcoming season: pick your champion, European spots, relegation battle, all of it — and share the result.
La Liga kicks off this Saturday, so now's the time to lock in your table before reality proves you wrong.
And here's the real reason to do this: if you've got a gut feeling about some team overperforming or some giant collapsing, this is your chance to put it on record. When it actually happens, you'll have proof for the "I told you so."
It's a follow-up to the Bracket Challenge we ran for the World Cup, same idea of letting you put your predictions on record before a ball is even kicked.
According to Tribuna.com sources, Álvarez personally told Simeone he wants to leave Atlético for Barcelona, explaining he believes Barça's style suits his characteristics better.
Simeone's response: the final call belongs to the club, and his own intention is to help Julián keep developing as a player in Madrid.
That's reportedly caused real frustration in the player's camp: they see Simeone, who personally pushed hard to sign Álvarez in the first place, as the only person at the club with enough influence to actually facilitate a move out. So it's not sitting well that he's stepping back and framing it purely as a boardroom decision.
Atlético, for their part, remain firm and unwilling to help push through a sale of one of their star players. Barcelona are still interested, but nothing moves forward unless Atlético's stance changes.
After years of speculation, Ronaldo and Georgina are officially husband and wife. They kept it surprisingly low-key: an intimate civil ceremony in Cascais, Portugal on Tuesday, far from the massive celebrity wedding a lot of people expected.
The announcement came through a simple photo on social media: their hands together, wedding rings visible, captioned "C❤️G."
The two met back in 2016 at a Gucci store in Madrid, where Georgina worked as a sales assistant. Since then they've built a big family together: Alana Martina, plus Cristiano's older kids Cristiano Jr. and twins Eva and Mateo, and later twins Bella Esmeralda and Ángel (Ángel tragically passed shortly after birth). They got engaged back in August 2025, and now, almost exactly a year later, it's official.
Genuinely, where does this rank? Football wedding of the year, or one of the whole decade?
Ipswich Town and Strasbourg have reached a final agreement for Julio César Enciso, who will return to the English club on a permanent deal.
According to Tribuna.com sources, the deal is already done and the clubs are finalizing the exchange of paperwork. The Paraguayan forward will travel in the coming hours to complete his medical and finish the last steps of the signing.
Enciso already knows Ipswich well — he spent 2025 there on loan, and now returns to continue his career there after a spell in French football.
With the deal essentially wrapped up, all that's left is completing the formal paperwork to make the move official.
Westerlo are exploring the possibility of bringing in Cody Drameh from Hull City, as discussions around a potential partnership between the two clubs continue to develop, Tribuna.com reports.
The 24-year-old English right-back is understood to be among the first players being considered by Westerlo as a potential option within the framework of this partnership.
At this stage, however, there is no agreement and no certainty that the transfer will materialise. The idea is being explored as part of the broader relationship potentially being established between Westerlo and Hull City.
Further discussions are expected before any decision is made on Drameh's future.
Drameh, who joined Hull City and helped the Tigers secure promotion to the Premier League last season, has experience at Championship level and can operate primarily at right-back, while also being capable of playing further forward or on the left side.
Lille a déjà soumis une offre pour Orlando Gill, l'une des révélations du Paraguay lors de la Coupe du Monde 2026, bien que la proposition reste inférieure aux attentes de San Lorenzo.
Selon les sources de Tribuna.com, le club argentin s'en tient à la clause libératoire de 8 millions d'euros du gardien, ce qui signifie que l'offre actuelle de Lille n'atteint pas le montant que San Lorenzo souhaite pour le laisser partir.
Gill, 25 ans, s'est fait remarquer par ses performances dans les cages du Paraguay durant la Coupe du Monde, suscitant l'intérêt de plusieurs clubs européens.
La situation pourrait s'intensifier dans les prochaines semaines : un autre club français, plus important, suivrait également de près le gardien et pourrait entrer dans la course pour son transfert. San Lorenzo, de son côté, attend une offre plus proche des 8 millions d'euros avant d'envisager sérieusement son départ.
Lille have already submitted an offer for Orlando Gill, one of the standout figures for Paraguay at the 2026 World Cup, though the proposal still falls short of San Lorenzo's asking price.
According to Tribuna.com sources, the Argentine club is holding firm on Gill's €8 million release clause, meaning Lille's current bid doesn't meet what San Lorenzo wants to let their goalkeeper go.
Gill, 25, rose to prominence with his performances between the posts for Paraguay at the World Cup, drawing interest from several European clubs.
Things could heat up in the coming weeks — another, bigger French club is reportedly also tracking the goalkeeper and could enter the race. San Lorenzo, meanwhile, is waiting for an offer closer to that €8 million mark before seriously considering letting him go.
Fiorentina are in advanced talks to sign Mateo Pellegrino, the 24-year-old Argentine striker currently at Parma.
According to sources close to Tribuna.com, the deal is progressing, though the fee and some final details between the two clubs are still being worked out. Pellegrino has emerged as an attractive option to strengthen Fiorentina's attack after a standout season: 39 appearances and 12 goals, making him one of the forwards to watch in this window.
Talks between Fiorentina and Parma are ongoing, but the Italian side first needs to resolve the situation of one of their current strikers. Fiorentina are hoping to sell one of their forwards to free up space in the squad and have room to close the deal for the Argentine.
Pellegrino could edge closer to a move to Serie A, though the final agreement will depend on Fiorentina managing to move on one of their attackers first.
According to Tribuna.com sources, Al Sadd are trying to convince Alaba (seven years at Bayern!) to join them as they look to strengthen their defense. He's currently a free agent after his Real Madrid contract expired this summer.
Al Sadd had actually been close to completing a deal for Nayef Aguerd first, but that transfer fell through: they needed to free up a foreign-player slot before being able to register him, and Real Sociedad ended up completing the signing instead. Alaba is now one of the alternatives on their list.
Wouldn't be the first ex-Bayern player to take an unconventional late-career move. Kingsley Coman just left for Al-Nassr, Sadio Mané went the same route after a rough season in Munich, and going further back, Lothar Matthaus even won an MLS division title with the MetroStars.
At 34, is a move east really the best call, or would staying in Europe, even outside the traditional top leagues, have made more sense to close out his career? And is it a closure yet? The World Cup showed a lot of people in age and still in prime.
After missing out on Nayef Aguerd, Al Sadd turn their attention to David Alaba
According to Tribuna.com sources, the Qatari club are now trying to convince former Real Madrid defender David Alaba to join them as they look to strengthen their defence.
Al Sadd were very close to completing a deal for Nayef Aguerd, but the move ultimately fell through. The reason: the Qatari side needed to free up a foreign-player slot before being able to register the Moroccan defender.
This situation allowed Real Sociedad to move ahead and complete the signing of Aguerd.
Al Sadd are now exploring alternative options, with Alaba among the names being considered. The Austrian is currently a free agent after his contract with Real Madrid expired.
The Senegalese goalkeeper is being accused of repeatedly interfering in football matters going beyond his player role 👀
Mendy has spoken to several team leaders about the squad’s transfer needs in recent weeks. Following these discussions, a request was made to club management to strengthen the midfield.
Pedro is said to have traced the request back to Mendy, further damaging their relationship. He now reportedly wants the former Chelsea goalkeeper out of the club.
FC Chornomorets were set to host FC Kolos on August 8th, opening Matchday 2 of the new Ukrainian Premier League season. That's not happening.
A russian strike hit Chornomorets Stadium in Odesa just hours ago tearing a massive hole through the roof and damaging the upper tier stands. A 28-year-old woman inside the stadium at the time was injured by shrapnel.
The match has officially been postponed.
Chornomorets released a statement calling it "another act of terror against a peaceful Ukrainian city," and said they hope the match can still eventually be played in Odesa, in front of their own fans.
For UPK staff like this is a completely normal part of a season. And that shouldn't be normal at all.
20-years old Diomande $144M move to Real Madrid puts him more than $50M clear of the previous record.
Tribuna.com's kicking off a new season of Ukrainian Premier League Team of the Week picks, tied into our Fantasy UPL game — the 11 players named each week get a bonus point in Fantasy, and the MVP gets an extra one on top.
GK — Valentyn Horokh (Veres): 8 saves against a much stronger Kharkiv, conceded only in stoppage time on a shot he had no chance on.
RB — Bohdan Mykhailichenko (Polissya): Constant aggressive overlaps, works his left foot well enough to basically function as a winger from right-back. Assisted the game-winner.
CB — Anderson Jordan (Zorya) 🇧🇷: Key pass on the winning goal, strong ball progression numbers, clean sheet.
CB — Vladyslav Baboglo (Karpaty): Started the new season exactly like he ended the last one — scoring. Already had a goal-line save from an earlier chance in the same match.
LB — Petro Stasiuk (Bukovyna): Not the flashiest pick, but nobody else from a rough Bukovyna performance really stood out. Solid, unspectacular, does the job.
CM — Giorgi Robakidze (Chornomorets): Scored a genuine screamer and carried the ball 50-60 meters up the pitch from his own half to set it up. Also helped frustrate the match favorites defensively most of the game.
CM — Mykola Myronyuk (Epicentr): Only Epicentr outfield player to make the list: scored from open play (the other two goals came from penalties) and pressed constantly all match.
Winger — Vladyslav Veleten (Polissya): Dragged Polissya out of a hole: a wonder goal plus a gorgeous assist.
Winger — Alisson (Shakhtar) 🇧🇷: 1 goal, 2 assists in the season opener. Would've been MVP in most other weeks.
Forward (playing out of position) — Yan Kostenko (Karpaty): Genuinely wasn't even the striker on paper, but scored and basically created the second goal too. First time in his career starting up top in an official match.
Forward — Kauan Elias (Shakhtar) 🇧🇷: Hat-trick in the season opener after not scoring a single league goal in 2026 up to this point. MVP of the week, no contest.
Coach of the week — Serhiy Nahornyak (Epicentr): A bottom-half team scored 3 and conceded 0. Doesn't happen often in this league.
Fantasy UPL's still open if you want in on the bonus points system going forward: https://ua.tribuna.com/uk/fantasy/upl/pick-team/
Spoiler: La Liga, Serie A, EPL coming soon!
Chelsea is nearly a billion clear of second place. Spending so much and staying out of European tournaments?
And Tottenham? When will all the spending help them to get a tiny title?
Man City seemed to spend more but in fact has completely normal stats.
59th minute: 2-0 up, all smiles, nothing to worry about.
90th minute: 2-4.
Liverpool blew a two-goal lead against Leeds United in their final US tour friendly, with Dominic Calvert-Lewin scoring twice and Sean Longstaff completing the comeback in the second half. Ends their unbeaten pre-season run after wins over Sunderland and Wrexham.
Is it pre-season or is it "we don't bother"?
Weird pattern from this World Cup: Mbappe, Vinccius, and Bellingham were each arguably the best player on their national team. Put them all in white together, though, and Real Madrid's attack turns into a traffic jam.
Why it works for their countries
Each of them gets built-in isolation. France uses a traditional #9 to occupy center-backs so Mbappé gets full freedom on the left (2 goals, an assist, 5 shots in that wild 6-4 game vs England). England structures around Bellingham's vertical runs with wingers holding width so he's never fighting for space (his stoppage-time winner off the bench vs France). Brazil builds the entire structure around Vinícius as the sole creative outlet.
Why it doesn't work at Madrid
Pure geometry problem. Both Mbappé and Vinícius are right-footed players who naturally drift to the same left half-space to cut inside. Neither wants to play with their back to goal, so they're constantly colliding in the same small zone. The stats show the damage on Bellingham specifically — his xG per 90 dropped from 0.74 to 0.34 this season, shot conversion fell from 26.4% to 22.58%, because the space he used to exploit (created by defenders chasing Vini wide) is now occupied by Mbappé dropping into it too.
The bigger issue
Nobody's doing the "dirty work" — no target man, no deep-lying playmaker, minimal pressing (Mbappé reportedly covers the least distance per match of any striker in La Liga per Driblab). Ancelotti tried "relationism" (free-flowing intuitive link-up play), and it collapsed the moment Mbappé arrived, since it only works when players naturally complement rather than duplicate each other.
Mourinho's coming in, which signals the end of that free-flowing approach. His system would likely force Mbappé into a pure central striker role, ban him from dropping into Vini's space, and demand Vinícius commit to serious defensive work — something that could trigger real friction if he doesn't buy in.
There's already talk that the only real fix might be selling one of them (Vinícius' name comes up most, theoretically funding a proper double pivot and target man instead).
Genuinely one of the more interesting squad-building puzzles in football right now — is this fixable with the right manager, or is it a fundamental mistake in how the roster was built?