Suspect involved in multiple incidents in Toronto, Halton and Niagara Region

An 18-year-old man with alleged ties to a “gun-for-hire” network that is suspected to be behind several shooting incidents across the Greater Toronto Area has been charged in two attempted bank robberies in Niagara Region earlier this year.

Niagara Regional Police Service (NRPS) announced on Tuesday that they had arrested 18-year-old Jayon Burgher, 22-year-old Brandon Brown, and an unnamed 17-year-old boy for the attempted robberies in Wainfleet on March 4 and in Pelham on March 11.

In both incidents, police said three males wearing clothing that concealed their identity tried to access the banks but were unsuccessful due to security measures in place. One suspect was seen brandishing a gun in the Wainfleet attempted robbery.NRPS said the two incidents were initially investigated separately and were later determined to be related.Burgher and Brown are each facing the charge of attempting to commit the indictable offence of robbery. The 18-year-old is also charged with disguise with intent.The 17-year-old, who cannot be identified under the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, has been charged with four counts of conspiracy to commit an indictable offence.

NRPS said the two attempted robberies have also been linked to an attempted home invasion in Thorold in January. They added that investigators also uncovered a plan for a fourth robbery.

Burgher allegedly involved in other March incidents
NRPS confirmed to CP24 that Burgher is also facing numerous charges in Toronto and Halton Region in connection with two other incidents in March.

On March 26, the Toronto Police Service (TPS) alleged Burgher was one of the two suspects who fired shots at a businessin the area of Islington Avenue and Lake Shore Boulevard West, causing damage.No injuries were reported. The suspects fled the area. TPS said the business was shot by mistake, as the neighbouring establishment was the intended target.

Three days later, on March 29, Halton Regional Police were called to a residence near Lakeshore Road and Fourth Line in Oakville for a shooting. One person sustained non-life-threatening injuries as a result, police said.A month later, Halton police announced that they arrested Burgher and charged him with firearm-related offences as well as mischief to property over $5,000.

In June, TPS revealed that they had charged Burgher in the March 26 incident.TPS said the incident has been linked to more than two dozen firearm discharges across the GTA, including the March 10 shooting at the Toronto U.S. consulate.Investigators were able to link the incidents after they recovered two guns from the execution of multiple search warrants in Toronto on June 11.

Police said the guns were likely shared by multiple different shooters.

TPS Chief Myron Demkiw said young people, through encrypted messaging apps, are being hired to shoot at various targets, including synagogues and Jewish schools, and investigators are trying to determine who is paying for them.

TPS noted that they believe there is more than one “gun-for-hire” network that is trying to recruit members and that the scope goes beyond the city.

NRPS has not said whether the gun-for-hire networks were behind the attempted bank robberies.

https://www.cp24.com/local/niagara/2026/08/12/man-with-alleged-ties-to-gun-for-hire-network-charged-in-niagara-attempted-bank-robberies/

u/PinkLincoln00 — 1 day ago

Leftists Report News As Hate Speech and Explicit Content

Just thought I’d share what we deal with on a daily basis.

Anytime an article is shared about a non-white person committing any crime, it’s reported as hate speech or in this case explicit content involving minors to try and have it removed from Reddit and to get me banned.

This article is directly from Global News which anyone with an internet connection for Reddit can also read directly from Global News linked in the original post. Many of our other posts are directly from police media releases to offer the most unbiased delivery of information.

We are often targeted in mass swarming attacks in this way. For sharing news articles relevant to our community.

Who does this behaviour benefit?

u/PinkLincoln00 — 1 day ago

Hamilton, Burlington mayors push Ontario for addiction, homelessness support

Local leaders have asked the province for more support to address the addiction and homelessness crisis, but during Premier Ford’s remarks on Monday, he barely spoke about those issues. Mayor Andrea Horwath says homelessness and addiction is one of the biggest most important priorities for many Ontario mayors, and they want the province to step up and provide the resources necessary to solve it.

https://www.chch.com/chch-news/hamilton-burlington-mayors-push-ontario-for-addiction-homelessness-support/

u/PinkLincoln00 — 2 days ago

Rabid bat found in Burlington, health officials say

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/bat-rabies-in-burlington-ont-9.7307924

Health officials found a bat with rabies in Burlington, Ont., marking the first such confirmed case in the region this year, Halton Region Public Health said Friday.

Bats in Hamilton and Haldimand-Norfolk tested positive for rabies in June, also prompting warnings from local health units.

Rabies is a viral disease spread through the saliva of affected animals, Halton public health said in a news release.

u/PinkLincoln00 — 2 days ago

Doug Ford says Ontario needs data centres to protect Canadians from Donald Trump

Do you agree? Or did Ford just find a way to emotionally manipulate the people against data centres?

u/PinkLincoln00 — 2 days ago

Canada Finally Deported Someone

Breaking news for the deportation obsessed members.

A senior member of the Iranian regime has been deported from Canada after a judge dismissed his last-minute appeal, Global News has learned.

The Canada Border Services Agency said it had removed Syed Salman Samani, Iran’s former deputy interior minister and official spokesperson.

“As a matter of public interest, the CBSA can confirm that it has removed Syed Salman Samani from Canada,” the agency said in a statement.

He is the second regime official to be expelled under a 2022 policy that banned high-ranking members of Iran’s repressive government from Canada.

Before arriving in Canada in 2022, Samani was a “career politician” in the Islamic Republic from 2007 to 2021, according to the CBSA.

“The subject demonstrated his commitment and loyalty to the regime throughout his career,” the CBSA wrote in its report on Samani.

The Immigration and Refugee Board ordered his deportation in 2024. The Federal Court rejected his appeal in a decision released this week.

Federal Court Justice Sébastien Grammond wrote that Samani had told the CBSA he “had significant power and influence over government decisions.”

Further, Samani’s ministry oversaw “police forces, which were responsible for the widespread killing of civilians and other human rights abuses,” Grammond wrote.

As a government spokesperson, Samani “publicly defended the ministry’s conduct” during its 2019 deadly Bloody November crackdown on protesters, the court added.

He also “publicly threatened politicians who were questioning that conduct,” but maintained to the CBSA that he “did nothing wrong during this period.”
Samani had claimed he had decided to leave Iran because of its killing of demonstrators, and said he feared he might be harmed if Canada sent him back to Iran.

But the judge ruled that was unlikely to happen, and was outweighed by Canada’s interests in expelling “those responsible for systematic human rights violations.”

Samani had tried to keep his court appeal secret, but the judge dismissed his application, although it agreed to seal the files on his case due to their sensitivity.

Samani also tried to ban the press from his 2024 deportation hearing, an effort which Global News successfully fought.

Iranian-Canadians have long complained that members of the regime they fled have been turning up in Canada and treating the country as a safe haven.

Ottawa banned all “senior” officials of the Iranian government from entering Canada four years ago but has struggled to deport them.

According to figures released on June 30, the CBSA has launched 180 investigations into suspected “senior officials of the Iranian regime” living in Canada.

“To date, the CBSA have identified 37 individuals that are believed to be senior officials of the regime,” the agency said on its website.

Eight of them left Canada before their deportations hearings began. The IRB has issued deportation orders against three more on the grounds they were top regime members.

Another seven were found by the IRB to not be senior regime members. Nine remain before the IRB, while the CBSA is preparing cases against another ten.
Fifty-five are still being investigated.

A CBSA spokesperson said the agency continued to take action to stop Iranian regime members “from seeking or finding safe haven in Canada.”

A record 23,160 foreign nationals were removed from Canada in 2025, and the agency is currently “currently executing approximately 400 removal orders per week,” the spokesperson said.

https://globalnews.ca/news/12024907/iranian-regime-member-deported-from-canada-cbsa-confirms/

u/PinkLincoln00 — 2 days ago

Halton police arrest two men after break and enter call at Burlington warehouse

Two men are facing several charges after Halton police officers arrested them as they fled a vacant Paletta Court warehouse.

Halton Regional Police were responding to a break and enter in progress at 10:15 p.m. on Tuesday. As two men fled the warehouse, officers arrested them.

A Toronto man, 40, was charged with break and enter, possess break-in instruments and fail to comply with probation order.

A 40-year-old man of no fixed address was charged with break and enter, possess break in instruments and fail to comply with release order.

Both accused were held for bail.

Police investigate break-in

Last Tuesday, officers were called to a Munro Court shop after a break-in was discovered.

Police said that at 12:50 a.m. last Monday, a break-in took place at Langtry Blast Technologies, 5390 Munro Crt. The perimeter fence was cut to gain entry to the property. A lock was cut on a sea container, and it was then entered. Copper cables and a dirt bike were stolen. Theft estimate under $5,000.

Two male suspects were spotted on surveillance. Officers are canvassing for additional security video.

https://www.burlingtontoday.com/police-beat/halton-police-arrest-two-men-after-break-and-enter-call-at-burlington-warehouse-12674728

u/PinkLincoln00 — 2 days ago

Oakville residents’ group calls on councils to ban for-profit plasma collection clinics

https://www.insidehalton.com/news/oakville-plasma-clinic-safety-issues/article\_30e348fb-d90e-538f-9663-670223ea59c5.html

The Oakville Community Association is calling on local councils to pass symbolic motions banning Grifols, a for-profit plasma collection company, following its recent nationwide pause on donations.

The push against the company comes as Grifols announced a temporary halt to its Canadian plasma donation operations, which took effect Aug. 14.

In a July news release, the residents’ group appealed to Oakville and Halton councils to declare their opposition to the establishment of commercial paid plasma clinics locally. The group’s motion also asked the councils to urge the Ontario government to prohibit such clinics and strengthen its commitment to a voluntary, publicly supported blood and plasma donation system.

Although the company’s administrative office is located in Oakville, Grifols does not operate any clinics in Halton, according to the region.

The residents’ group noted Health Canada inspection findings at Grifols’ sites have identified issues related to donor screening, staff training, quality management and operational procedures. Concerns have also been raised about the company following reports of the death of two individuals who were donors at Grifols-operated facilities in Winnipeg.

“Oakville and Halton residents deserve confidence that companies operating in our community meet the highest standards of safety and accountability,” said Michael Reid, president of the Oakville Community Association, who is also running as a candidate in the coming municipal election.

“Council can affirm its support for maintaining public confidence in Canada’s plasma system through strong oversight, transparency, and high standards of donor protection.”

Health Canada inspection records
Publicly available Health Canada inspection records show that since Oct. 24, 2022, six Grifols sites have received an inspection rating of non-compliant.

Some of the issues flagged in these reports relate to problems with operating procedures, quality management and donor suitability assessment.

The Oakville head office received an inspection rating of non-compliant on Jan. 28, 2026.

u/PinkLincoln00 — 2 days ago

Milton man accused of threatening three people with an axe

Suspect and victims known to each other, say Halton police.

Halton police report that at about 7:30 p.m. Saturday (Aug. 15), two men and a woman were threatened with an axe at a residence in the Highside Drive and Mountainview Drive area.

The parties were known to each other, and no physical injuries were suffered during the altercation.
A 38-year-old local man was subsequently arrested and charged with three counts each of assault with a weapon and uttering a threat to cause death or bodily harm, as well as two counts of failure to comply with a probation order.

The accused was held for a bail hearing.

u/PinkLincoln00 — 3 days ago

Man steals truck being used to block traffic around construction zone

Suspect approached on bicycle before making off with truck, say Halton police.

A young man is wanted in connection with a daytime theft of a pick-up truck in rural Milton this past Thursday, Aug. 13.

According to Halton police, at about 12:10 p.m. a male suspect approached a construction zone at Bronte Street and Britannia Road, where a pick-up truck was being used to block traffic lanes.

He entered the truck – with Dufferin markings – and drove away.

The suspect is described as a man in his 20s with brown skin, about 5' 7" with a thin build, wearing a dark-coloured shirt and baseball cap.

Anyone with information can contact police at 905-825-4777 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or haltoncrimestoppers.ca.

u/PinkLincoln00 — 3 days ago

Transport truck stolen from commercial lot recovered in York

Two masked men are wanted in connection with the theft of a transport truck this week in north Halton.

According to Halton police, the Freightliner vehicle was taken by a commercial lot at Fifth Line and Derry Road in Milton around 1 a.m. Wednesday.

The truck was located in York Region the same day, while two male suspects – seen wearing face masks, one leaving the lot in a light-coloured sedan – are still being sought.

Anyone with information can contact police at 905-825-4777 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or haltoncrimestoppers.ca.

u/PinkLincoln00 — 3 days ago

Arson suspected in fire at north Halton residence

Halton police report evidence of an attempted arson at a home in the area of 5 Sideroad and Boston Church Road in Milton, with forced entry through a side door sometime between Friday and Sunday while the owner was away.

The fire – which caused minor damage – is believed to have been caused by an accelerant.
Investigators are in the process of acquiring security video footage

Anyone with information can contact police at 905-825-4777 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or haltoncrimestoppers.ca.

u/PinkLincoln00 — 3 days ago

Which of Burlington’s Mayoral candidates will actually stop wasteful spending?

Ward is playing into divisive fear farming tactics in our “dangerous and divided” world so naturally, you’d think she borrowed Ms. Gould’s advisor https://votemarianne.ca/

Kerns is claiming to want to lower taxes and support families, yet she seems to support everything Ward is doing which is the opposite of that. She’s also on an excessive number of boards I don’t understand how that is not a conflict of interest for city funding allocation https://lisakearns.ca/

Rory wants to lower taxes and has voted against wasteful spending. I also respect the underdog seemly bullied by rich mean girls, but will he actually change anything if elected? Promises are easier to make than keep https://rorynisan.ca/

No idea who Keith Demoe is (no website available) nominations are still open until Aug 21.

u/PinkLincoln00 — 4 days ago
▲ 387 r/HaltonON+1 crossposts

Arrest in Burlington Home Invasion

The Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) has made an arrest in connection with the investigation of a home invasion in Burlington.

On Sunday, April 26, at approximately 2:40 a.m., four suspects broke into a home in the southwest Aldershot neighbourhood. The suspects smashed a first-floor window to gain entry. The residents were asleep at the time and were awoken by the sound of breaking glass.

The suspects were armed with a firearm and a knife and confronted the residents in their bedrooms, making demands for valuables. The residents handed over several pieces of jewelry before the suspects fled in a stolen vehicle.

Following an investigation, which included extensive collaboration with York Regional Police, one of the suspects was identified as Manav Kotak (18) of Kitchener (see attached photo).

Kotak was arrested on June 25, 2026, and has since been charged with the following offences:

Armed Robbery
Pointing a Firearm
Disguise with Intent

The investigation remains ongoing, as investigators work to identify and arrest the outstanding suspects.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact the 3 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4777 ext. 2316.

u/OkRelationshipFish — 6 days ago